NJ Center for Tourette Syndrome and Associated Disorders, Inc and Highlands FSC
Thursday 6:00-7:00pm, 1546 Union Valley Rd. West Milford
Register (P) 973-506-6575 (E) email@example.com
CREATING A POSITIVE, INCLUSIVE, SUCCESSFUL ENVIRONMENT FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH TOURETTE SYNDROME
NJ Center for Tourette Syndrome & Associated Disorders (NJCTS) will provide information about Tourette Syndrome (TS) and associated disorders. The presentation will promote more positive, inclusive, and successful learning environments for individuals with these disorders.
- Understand the symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment of TS and associated disorders such as OCD, ADHD, learning disabilities, anxiety, mood disorders, and depression
- Recognize of the ways TS and associated disorders affect academic performance and peer social interactions
- Learn a wide range of strategies and accommodations for the student with TS and associated disorders that can have a positive impact on their academic success
Circle of Security Parenting Series
- Dates and Times: Thursdays 6-8pm, September 13 – November 1, 2018
- Location: Highlands FSC, 1546 Union Valley Road, West Milford, NJ 07480
- Presented by: Caitlyn Undreiner, PCD(DONA)Cost: FREE – Dinner and child care will also be provided.
- To Register: Please call Highlands FSC (973)506-6575. Spaces are limited.
- Sponsored by:
This eight week series will help you to:
- Understand your child’s emotional world by learning to read emotional needs
- Support your child’s ability to successfully manage emotions
- Enhance the development of your child’s self esteem
- Honor your innate wisdom and desire for your child to be secure
SELF STORIES WORKSHOP
A Writing Exercise With Dawn Gilligan
Self Stories workshop is to help make writing about the experiences, people and events that have made people who they are something that is easy, enjoyable and productive. It helps people reflect on the past, engage in the present, accept new challenges, and through the act of sharing their work, connect with others.
Friday August 10, 2018- 10:00am-11:00am
Highlands Family Success Center – 1546 Union Valley Rd West Milford
Registration Required (P) 973-506-6575 (E) firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer Slide Workshop
July 24th, 6:00-7:00pm
Presented by Kelly Maver, Literacy Coach/Educator
Join us to learn more about skills that can be lost over the summer months, get FREE resources and learn about reading choices. A question & answer session will follow the presentation.
To register or for more information (P) 973-506-6575 (E) email@example.com
Bumps, Babies & Breastfeeding
August 9 & 23, 10:30-11:30am
Pregnant and breastfeeding women are invited to join us to discuss the ups and downs of new motherhood! The group is run by Zoë Makofske, local lactation counselor and doula, who is passionate about providing support for women during this season in their lives.
Stop in for advice, breastfeeding support, to learn about resources or just to chat with others and make some new friends! Older children are welcome to join in and take advantage of the lovely play area.
To Register or for more info (P) 973-506-6575 (E) firstname.lastname@example.org
Peer to Peer Support
Highlands Family Success Center
1546 Union Valley Rd. West Milford
Call for more info (973) 506-6575
Living with, through and beyond the diagnosis, illness or trauma
Get some heat relief! Visit the West Milford Township Library, where the interior of the library is comfortably air-conditioned with comfy chairs, a water fountain, and plenty to keep you occupied. Free Saturday afternoon movies, books, magazines , and local newspapers for reading or work on a jigsaw puzzle, explore the Environmental section, or sign up for the free, fun Summer Reading Program.
Library hours: Mondays through Thursdays 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., Fridays 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturdays 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sundays 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Check out our complete calendar of summer activities for children, teens, and adults: www.wmtl.org/events
Family Sign Language
Thursday July 12th & 26th
10:30 am – 11:30 am
Highlands Family Success Center
1546 Union Valley Rd West Milford
Parents Complete an 8 week session of our Active Parenting Curriculum .
Congratulations to all the parents and children for joining us during the sessions and thank you to those providing child care.
Parents engaged in topics including: The Active Parent, Cooperation & Communication, Responsibility & Discipline, Building Courage & Self-Esteem, Understanding & Redirecting Misbehavior and Active Parenting for School Success.
Look out for more Parenting Sessions in September!