Calling all incoming Kindergarten students in West Milford! Check out the press release below!
Friday Feb 16th 2018 7-11pm
Italian Night & Tricky Tray
The Brownstone, 351 West Broadway, Paterson, NJ
A Change for Nick is a 501c3 non-profit organization that is helping to save our loved ones lives. Uniting families to destroy the face of heroin.
Monthly Peer to Peer Support Groups. Call or email for more details.
PTSD Trauma & You: 1/2, 1/16 & 1/30 6:00-7:00pm
Women’s Empowerment: 1/9 & 1/23 6:00-7:00pm
Transgender Support: 1/9 7:00-8:00pm
Wake Up! Addiction Support Group: 1/16 7:00-8:00pm
Women’s Group: 1/18 6:00-7:00pm
Alzheimer’s Support Group: 1/25 6:00-7:00pm
All activities are FREE and open to the entire community! Stop by and say hi and tour the center if you haven’t been here before. Free access to computers, fax machines and printers. Financial budgeting support by appointment or check out one of our many weekly programs! We also offer several peer to peer support groups and volunteer opportunities.
The Highlands Family Success Center wants to extend a huge thank you to the generosity of our community in coming together to provide toys and gifts for over 100 families and 300 children from ages 0-99. We were lucky to collaborate with several organizations to provide toys locally, via the West Milford Toy Drive and also to our surrounding communities via the United Way Winter Wishes program. The West Miford Toy Drive was a huge success in part do to our partnership with the volunteer group, Help a Neighbor. Led by community member and volunteer extraordinaire, Lisa Hart, the group banded together and helped set up and fill toy drive boxes all over our town. A special thank you to the following organizations for allowing our drop boxes so that the community could readily donate toys: North Jersey Guitar, West Milford Pharmacy, West Milford Post Office, Dr Atlas’s Office, Upper Greenwood Lake Firehouse, Uncorked, M & T Bank, Fox Island Creamery, Utopia Deli, West Milford Senior Center, Abby’s Sew Right, Shannon’s Eyes on the Pies, Skylands Recycling, West Milford High School, Dunkin Donuts and Highlands Family Success Center. We were also able to provide wonderful photos with Santa thanks to Nicole Bagner at Nicolella Photography. And the Toy Drive took place at Camp Vacamas thanks to Hands In 4 Youth. Another thank you to our local businesses that donated gift cards, toys and monetary donations:West Milford Rotary Club, West Milford PBA, Weichert Realtors, Lakeland Bank, The Elks and the Children’s Castle. The Township of West Milford and Center for Family Resources and Chuck from the WM Presbyterian Church helped us to supply holiday meal kits to several families as well.
Our hearts are full this holiday season.
Mindfulness, Meditation and Stress Reduction
Saturday December 2, 2017
10am to 11:30am
Learn the Benefits of Visualizations, Mantra (Word), Breath and Emptiness Meditations.
· Learn advanced Tibetan Buddhist breathing techniques.
· Experience and learn deep relaxation techniques to quiet thoughts while being guided by Lindsey.
· Educational studies on positive side effects from meditation. (lowering cortisol levels, blood pressure)
· Take home simple tools to relax your mind and body.
· Instructor: Lindsey Sass, BS in Psychology, LMT, Director of NJ Healing Center, 142 Main St, Bloomingdale, www.njhealingcenter.com, 973-714-0765 Lindsey has been teaching meditation for over 30 years and practicing over 40 years. As an active member of the International Association for Counselors and Therapists she is a hypnotist for Stress Reduction she has guided many clients’ lessening their anxiety and post-traumatic stress disorder, reducing need for medication. Presently she is working with Tibetan Buddhists Monks to teach others how to improve overall mental and physical health.
Advocates for Children of NJ (ACNJ) is scheduling focus groups throughout the state to obtain information from parents of infants and toddlers on their experiences in finding and affording child care.
Parents will receive dinner and a $25 gift card for their participation. Childcare will be provided.
Monday, 11/13/17 from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
Center for Family Resources
12 Morris Rd, Ringwood, NJ 07456
There are three criteria:
Parents must have an infant or a child who was an infant up to three years ago; and
Parents needed childcare in order to return to work; and
Parents must register in advance