Volunteering at the Highlands Family Success Center provides an opportunity to:
- Develop social and community awareness
- Give back to your community
- Use your skills and talents
- Boost your resume
We are looking for committed volunteers of all ages and backgrounds including:
- High school & College Students & Retirees
This is how you can help:
- Academic Enrichment – Assist elementary school children in completing their homework during our Homework Club
- Event and program planning- Assist program staff in developing and scheduling programs. Responsible for supervising ongoing programs and activities. Participate in community outreach events.
- Public relations and social media- Assist staff with promotion, advertising and managing social media.
- Office operations- Provide administrative support by answering phones, conducting follow-up calls, light filing and data entry.
Volunteer Application Process Include:
- Complete an application and interview with the Community and Volunteer Coordinator
- Attend an orientation- Information about the FSC, philosophy, model and programs.
- Participate in training for your specific position/role
Current Opportunities at HFSC
- Clerical Work: Help us compile a reference/resource catalogue of our town and surrounding areas. Tasks would include making phone calls and inputting information into the computer.
- Once Upon A Story Time: Choose stories and songs to read to and engage toddlers and their families. This activity meets Mondays from 10:30-11:30
- Sticky Fingers: Prepare art activities for a group of toddlers and their families. We can supply the art materials. This activity meets Wednesdays from 10:30-11:30.
- Homework Help: Assist students grades K-8th. Homework help is offered Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 3:00-5:00 and by appointment.
- Computers 101: Teach basic computer skills to adults. Times can vary on needs of the volunteer.
- Fitness Club: Looking for a volunteer to run a monthly fitness activity for 1 hour. Times will depend on the volunteers schedule. .
- Family Fitness Activities: Looking for a volunteer to run fitness activities that include adult and child exercising together.
- Knitting: Love knitting and want to share it with others? Knitting meets twice a month on Fridays from 1:30-3:00pm.
- Moms/ Women’s Activities: Looking for volunteers to share information with women at monthly meetings. Stress relief, toxic free living, cooking, cleaning, the working mom, working from home, etc… the topics are endless. Moms cafe meets twice a month on Fridays from 1:30-3 and Women’s Group meets monthly on the last Thursday in the evening.
- Job Readiness : Looking for volunteers to run workshops on resume building, internet job searches, interviewing skills, etc.
- Teen Activities: Volunteers to help plan and organize activities for the teens of our communities.